Friday, June 15, 2007

Steven and Roger

Roger

Hello Saibhaskar,

I'm proud that you have put my woodstove on the web.

For me it was just fun. I have learned a lot. Collection this kind of material was strange, we are used to trough it away, instead of using it again.

Thank you again for your support.

Greetings,

Roger

Sai Bhaskar

Dear Roger,

Thank you very much, your initiative is great, it could be a fun for you, but many livelihoods will be addressed by your technology in the other world. Today the technology developed for defense sake and the stoves developed by back packers, etc. are the examples of their wide spread use in the other world. If possible please send briefly about yourself, I will add to the blog and web. www.goodstove.com/

With regards,

Intro to Steven Warner

Steven Werner

About me

I was born in Holland in 1983, when I was 4 years old I moved to south of France with my parents. that was my first trip and it seems that traveling has been in my blood sins then. When I was twenty after finiching a cabinet maker school I when to Australia for one year and stayed three mnths in east Timor. I whent back home for a year in which I did a welding course. After taht I travel two Brasil where I've been traveling by bick for for months with a Brasilian friend. My last trip was to the very dry African country which is Burkina Fasso. In all my trips I've always been working, studing and discovering about self sustanability, alternative energies and ways of living. In some places I've made solar cookers with local people in other places helped with building houses and everywhere I've met people who where looking for something els than just making profit.

At the end of the year I am planing to go back to Brasil and discover other countrys in South America, but who knows perhaps I'll go somewhere els or perhaps I just stay here.

Greatings Steven

Saibhaskar Nakka

Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 2:41 PM

To: Steven Werner

Dear Steven Werner,

These are the happiest moments for me, and you are the first person to follow and join the Open Source Technology movement on Good Stoves www.goodstoves.com/ and contribute to the initiative. Yes, this is your own innovation and creativity. Every stove is unique, like every human being and each stove has its own importance as you are. I need a brief note about yourself, so that I will link it with the website, www.goodstove.com/.

Open Source Technology always gives an option of using it as it is or choose the best available features and make your own or think differently to achieve similar result. If idea of using the

Thank you once again for joining the initiative to mitigate climate change through adaptation for common good.

With best regards,

Dr. N. Sai Bhaskar Reddy


Saibhaskar Nakka

Fri, Jun 8, 2007 at 2:11 PM

To: Steven Werner

Dear Steven Warner,

Thank you very much and sorry for the delayed response as I was in the field. I am happy that you liked the stoves and have joined the people who are designing stoves for common good. I liked your stove very much from the photos.

I have started this task of designing stoves, because I have seen people cooking on still on three stones in the rural areas. Although technologies have been developed in various sectors, but efficient stoves are not accessible to people.

Regarding the size, it will be around 1:5 ratio between primary and secondary holes.

>On my fotos stove 1 and 2 I did put a litle metal circle just under the secundary air halls to oblige the gasses to mix with the air, and to try tolimit the heat for cooking slowly. In my next stove I whant to improve this sistem.

This idea is very good. Please try, I am sure you will bet best result.

>I'm interested in all this sort of low cost energie sources because I do a lot of traveling and alway see the impact of the wood cuting. On my last trip I was in Burkina Fasso in
West Africa, where we can realy see the growing of the Sahara.

I am also working in the semi-arid environment and on climate change issues, I share similar concern and we are sailing in the same boat. If you would like to declare your design as Open Source Technology, I would like to introduce about you and put your photos in the website www.goodstove.com/ (it could be an evolving product too). Can you send briefly about yourself if you agree. I am attaching my CV for your reference.

Thanks and wishing you all the best and success in your endeavor.

With regards,

Dr. N. Sai Bhaskar Reddy
www.goodstove.com/

[Quoted text hidden]

--


Steven Werner

Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 1:37 PM

To: Saibhaskar Nakka

Hello Dear Saibhaskar Nakka

Thank you for your answer, and sorry two for the delayed answer, but I was waiting to finish my new stove and had lots of other tinks to do.

It woudl be a plaisir for me if you put my pictures on the site, It is open source technologie because I made it by looking at your products, and with some metal pipes that I found around my place.

Here are the pictures of my new stove, it burns mutch beter than the firts one. On the picture you can see the diference of flame by closing or opening the litle round plate. I think the flame is a bit more stable when it is closed but it does'nt realy reduce it.

I have an other question about the control of the second air, does your stove still burn clean when you close it? And are you able to control the heat with it? I haven't had the time to make a model to expirence that.

Thank you for your information and interest. I didn't realy understand if you like me to say more about my self and what I do.

Greatings Steven


Roger

Sat, Apr 7, 2007 at 1:24 PM

To: saibhaskarnakka@gmail.com

Hello Mr. Sai Bhaskar Reddy Nakka,

I'm very interesting in building myself the magh smoke burner. Have been
read your article with great interested.

I'm new in building burners but I want to give it a try.

The reason why i like this burner, no smoke and smell with the nice look
of an open fire.

I guess a need some more information to build it, i cannot find it on
the page or I was not good looking.

The round can, what is the scale between high and diameter. are there
any holes in the bottom? how much how big?

The square can scale between fire opening and outside size dimensions

Looking forward to your replay.

Greetings,

Roger
Netherlands





Roger

Sat, Apr 7, 2007 at 8:25 PM

To: Saibhaskar Nakka

Hello Sai Bhaskar,

I can understand that you give me this answer.

I have been looking around on the site but can't find a design of a stove like yours or the one like philips.

Today I have been collecting some cans like you can see.

Can you inform me are there holes in the bottom of the round can.

Thanks,

Roger

Saibhaskar Nakka schreef:

[Quoted text hidden]


Saibhaskar Nakka

Mon, Apr 9, 2007 at 6:06 PM

To: Roger

Dear Roger,

The material that you have collected is excellent. You make 20 holes of 3mm diameter at the bottom of the cylindrical can for primary air it will work. I request you to just acknowledge me once your model is successful, I spent 2 years thinking and finally arriving at this design.

All the best.

[Quoted text hidden]


Roger

Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 12:57 AM

To: Saibhaskar Nakka

Hello Sai Bhaskar,

Thanks for your response,

I have made about 25 holes of 7 mm in the bottom,
also in the top 12 holes 7 mm.
a fan 230v, like you can see on the pictures.

I'm very impressed wath a big fire it makes of only some wood.
The heat is so intense that the fan died.

I will make a new one, only smaller

Greetings Roger

[Quoted text hidden]


Saibhaskar Nakka

Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 10:35 AM

To: Roger

Dear Roger,

Always the secondary holes should be big and the primary holes small. The ratio of air is 20% - 30% primary and 80 to 70% secondary. Try again the flames will be bluish+orange.

Sai Bhaskar

[Quoted text hidden]


Posted by Dr. N. Sai Bhaskar Reddy at 2:07 AM 0 comments

Labels: Open Source Technology - Stove

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

No comments: